- RV Manufacturer: Airstream
- Chassis: Ford E350
- Engine size: 7.5 liters
- Year: 1993
- Number of previous owners: 2
- Miles when purchased: 49,000
- Price: 13,000 USD
What previous owners changed:
- replaced sofa with dinette setup; table can be raised or lowered
- added mosquito nets to all doors and windows
- installed one fantastic fan with cover above the bed
- replaced carpet with linoleum flooring
- changed curtains
What we changed:
- removed generator
- removed furnace
- removed microwave
- replaced AC unit with a second fantastic fan
- installed safe
- added two 100-watt solar panels with battery, charge controller and sine wave inverter
- installed external propane hook-up
- added line for internal catalytic heater
- added a cell phone signal booster
- installed large wifi antenna
Belmont: The last days - Redwoods and Golf, cakes for Remy, and new brake pads for the van.
Belmont: Week 2 - Pianos in the park, redecorating at Remy's, new cabinet hardware in the van.
Belmont, CA: Week 1 - Hitting the highlights around the bay area, making a mosaic at Remy's, testing the temperature gauge in the van.
The thermal cooker - Cheap? Convenient? Healthy? Check check check.
Las Vegas, Nevada, to the Sierra Nevada, CA - When you try to beat the heat, sometimes you lose.
Flagstaff, Arizona - My Aunt and cousins show us how to kick back in Flag.
The road to Aspen - After going up and down a 12000-foot mountain pass, our van has a little meltdown.
Arkansas - The van suffers a small injury, but we repair her in the forests of Ouachita, the Ozarks, and Buffalo National River.
Boca Raton, Florida - A chilled out week with my aunts and uncle; a wax and antenna upgrade for the van.
How we go to the Bathroom - The most pressing question we had when learning about overlanding, and a bum-washing piece from the Middle East.